Contributors

Friday, January 27, 2012

Chapter 1

I've had a lot to do, and, what's worse, little inspiration for what to write. I think a lot, but it tends to be angst-driven whining that I doubt could be of use to anyone else.
It seems fair enough that we should start out with a discussion of opinions then. A recent discussion with some of my friends was about anyone's opinion can be wrong. The consensus at the time was negative.
I gave it a little more thought, and decided that, yes, in fact, your opinion can be invalid. This isn't to say "you're wrong, I'm right," or anything along those lines; rather, I believe that your opinion cannot be considered fully valid unless you have questioned it.
The idea is that if you've questioned it, you've had to defend it against yourself, and therefore now has not only your full backing, but you also know why you support it.
Unfortunately, not everyone is so critical of themselves as I may have been assuming when I decided this, so, like all heuristics, this only works with a subset of the population, and must be considered a mere guideline.

One of those things I feel should make enough sense that my stating it just increases my pedantic appearance. Oh well, lack of inspiration strikes again.
Any thoughts worth noting?

No comments:

Post a Comment